Terms and Conditions
Please carefully read the following terms and conditions for the MUFG.com (mufgamericas.com) website ("Site"). By accessing the Site, you agree to the terms and conditions outlined below.
Unauthorized use of websites and systems of The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd. ("MUFG," "we" or "our") including, but not limited to, unauthorized entry into MUFG's systems, misuse of passwords or misuse of any information posted is strictly prohibited. The Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. By using the Site, you affirm that you are over age 13.
You acknowledge MUFG may disclose and transfer any information you provide using the Site as described in the Privacy & Security terms found at the following URL: http://mufgamericas.com/personal-information-protection-policy. Your use of the Site constitutes your consent to our monitoring of how you use it. You agree to comply with reasonable security procedures and controls we require or suggest including, without limitation, the use of a password and/or other identifying information (together, the “Security Information”) and to limit access to your Security Information to only those individuals you specifically authorized to access the Site for you.
Web Content and Materials
The Site’s information is believed to be reliable, but MUFG does not warrant its completeness, timeliness or accuracy and expressly disclaims liability for errors or omissions it may contain. Any dated information is published as of its date only, and MUFG disclaims any obligation or responsibility to update or amend it. By offering this Site and information, products, or services available through it, MUFG is not distributing it or its contents to any person or soliciting any person to use them in jurisdictions where doing so is prohibited by law.
The Site’s information is not intended as an offer or solicitation for the purchase of any MUFG product or service. Each product and service:
- Is subject to the final customer eligibility determination by MUFG and/or its affiliates;
- Is subject to its applicable agreement(s) terms and conditions;
- May have associated fees, charges, interest rates, and balance requirements; and
- May differ among geographic locations and may not be offered at all locations.
Potential Disruption of Service
Access to the Site may from time to time be unavailable, delayed, limited, or slowed due to, among other things:
- Hardware failure, failures of computers (including yours), servers, networks, telecommunication lines and connections, and other electronic and mechanical equipment; software failure including, among other things, bugs, errors, viruses, configuration problems, incompatibility of systems, utilities, or applications, the operation of firewalls or screening programs, unreadable codes or irregularities within particular documents or other content;
- Overload of system capacities;
- Damage caused by severe weather, earthquakes, wars, insurrection, riots, civil commotion, act of God, accident, fire, water damage, explosion, mechanical breakdown, or natural disasters;
- Interruption (whether partial or total) of power supplies or other utility of service;
- Strike or other stoppage (whether partial or total) of labor;
- Governmental or regulatory restrictions, exchange rulings, court or tribunal orders, or other human intervention; or
- Any other cause (whether similar or dissimilar to any of the foregoing) whatsoever beyond MUFG’s control.
Links to Other Sites
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
BECAUSE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF HUMAN OR MECHANICAL ERROR AS WELL AS OTHER FACTORS, THE SITE (INCLUDING ALL INFORMATION AND MATERIALS CONTAINED ON THE SITE) IS PROVIDED "AS IS," "WHERE IS," AND "AS AVAILABLE," WITH NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS OF ANY KIND BEING MADE BY MUFG. MUFG DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS OF ANY KIND AS TO THE SITE, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS, FREEDOM FROM VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL CODE OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. MUFG WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY SITE DELAY, DIFFICULTY IN USE, INACCURACY OF INFORMATION, COMPUTER VIRUSES, MALICIOUS CODE, OR OTHER DEFECT OR ITS INCOMPATIBILITY WITH YOUR FILES, BROWSER OR OTHER SITE-ACCESSING PROGRAM. MUFG ALSO NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY OTHER PROBLEMS YOU EXPERIENCE DUE TO CAUSES BEYOND MUFG'S CONTROL. NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED LICENSE IS GIVEN TO YOU BY THESE DISCLAIMERS OR OTHERWISE.
MUFG IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS, PROPERTY DAMAGE, OR BODILY INJURY IN CONNECTION WITH ACCESS TO, USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE THIS SITE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL MUFG BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, LOST OPPORTUNITY, OR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ANY USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE IT OR ANY PORTION HEREOF, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER MUFG HAS BEEN APPRISED OF THE LIKELIHOOD OF SUCH DAMAGES OCCURRING AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE.
NOTHING HEREIN SHALL BE CONSTRUED AS LIMITING OR REDUCING MUFG'S RESPONSIBILITIES AND OBLIGATIONS TO ITS CUSTOMERS IN ACCORDANCE WITH APPLICABLE LAWS AND REGULATIONS.
In using the Site, you agree not to:
- Misrepresent your identity in any way;
- Violate or attempt to violate the Site’s security. Any such violations may result in criminal and/or civil penalties against you. We may investigate any suspected violation and, if a criminal violation is suspected, we will cooperate with law enforcement agencies in their investigations;
- Send or otherwise transmit to or through the Site any unlawful, infringing, harmful, inappropriate, or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, any material that can cause harm or delay to the Site or computers of any kind, and any unsolicited advertising, solicitation, or promotional materials;
- Reverse engineer, disassemble, or decompile any section or technology on the Site;
- Launch or use any automated system, including without limitation "robots," "spiders," or "offline readers," that access the Site and send more request messages to our servers in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a conventional web browser;
- To post customer or sensitive information
- Send or otherwise transmit to or through the Site chain letters, unsolicited messages, "spamming" or "phishing" messages, or messages marketing or advertising goods and services; or
Users’ activities may be monitored. MUFG is the owner of all content on this site.
Enforceability and Governing Law
The works of authorship contained in the Site including, but not limited to, all design, text, sound recordings and images, are owned, except as otherwise expressly stated, by MUFG or one of its subsidiaries or affiliates. Except as otherwise expressly stated, they may not be copied, displayed, performed, distributed, licensed, framed, downloaded, modified, published, reposted, sold, transmitted, stored for subsequent use or otherwise used in whole or in part in any manner without the prior written consent of MUFG. The exception is the extent permitted by the Copyright Act of 1976 (17 U.S.C. § 107), as amended, and then only with notices of MUFG's proprietary rights; provided you may download information and print out hard copies for your personal use so long as you do not remove any copyright or other notice as may be contained in the information you downloaded.
"The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd.," “MUFG” and the MUFG logo are MUFG trademarks. Other featured words or symbols used to identify the source of goods and services may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
MUFG is licensed by DTC under U.S. Patent Nos. 5,910,988 and 6,032,137.
Termination and Changes in Terms